Tuesday, August 7, 2012

미 새ᄅ Michele

미 새ᄅ are the Hangul characters for Michele.  I am even proud to say I figured this out on my own although I did google it to check first.  

One of my goals while I am living in Korea is to learn to speak Korean.  I have no grand illusions of fluency but would love to converse with Koreans when out and about in the city or at least thank someone.  Currently I am learning the characters/alphabet, 26 in total.  I've spent the last 2 days saying my alphabet while writing the characters out.  Each character is a sound and their combination forms the whole word.  My name is phonetically pronounced "Mee Shel."  It's a start. 


I would also like to be able to read a menu and know what I'm ordering.  You have to have a lot of trust and nerve to just point to a picture.  I will say that the actual dish did look just like the picture, unlike most fast food places where your chicken sandwich isn't anywhere as tasty and fresh looking as the actual product.  We aren't real sure what the yellow, pickled side dish was; I think it was squash.




1 comment:

  1. I am SO PROUD of you....soon you will be talking in Korean and we won't know what you are saying---pay back time for our Spanish!!!

    ReplyDelete