Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dinner Out - finally!




With my husband's work schedule we haven't had as many opportunities as I would like to eat out but we did find some time to enjoy a night out at Carne do Brasil.  This Brazilian Churrasco Steakhouse is found in Itaewon and is owned and operated by a native Brazilian.  It is a small place on the second floor (steps only) and has tables that overlook the street below.  Unfortunately you have to have a reservations to eat at one of those tables, so we sat inside.  

We ordered the steak set consisting of 3 different cuts of steak along with sides.  The steaks were brought out one at time by the chef on a sizzling plate.  I think I prefer this to the giant skewer of meat that is walked about the restruant.  The meat was very good and I wish I could tell you more about the sides and cuts of steak but a food writer I am not.   








I will talk about the dessert because it was completely different and my favorite part of the meal.  First they cleared the table and brought espresso.  Then a skewered pineapple covered in cinnamon and roasted was presented and sliced on my plate.  It was warm and spicy and full of flavor.    













It was a good meal, a beautiful night and we finished up with a lovely walk.  I truly believe walking is the only way to really see and experience a city.  

1 comment:

  1. SOOOOOO interesting I love it....better than the 'discovery channel'!!!! What fun and interesting things you are finding..thanks for sharing!!!! Hope we get to see it IN PERSON one day.

    ReplyDelete