Friday, August 23, 2013

Yongsan Family Park

Yongsan Family Park or as I discovered, a small piece of solitude in the middle of 12 Million people.

It is man-made but you take what you can get

One of the new experiences for me living in Seoul is the adjustment to the noise. There is always noise, at night, early in the morning and after a year it has become the norm. So imagine my surprise when I discovered, quite by accident, a place where there was no people-made noise. There were no cars, trains, weed eaters, no people jostling around, no noise except for what nature makes. Between the grounds for the National Museum of Korea and Yongsan Family park I found a waterfall and a small fast moving stream. 

It surprised me so much I sat down and stayed for 20 minutes. I listened to the water, the birds, the crickets and the cicadas. Not a single person walked by and I heard nothing. It was wonderful. 

This park really is a lovely place to get back to nature. There are several ponds, sculptures, a playground, and walking paths. It bumps up the grounds for National Museum of Korea and you can walk between the two. I guess that on the weekends it would be crowded but on this Thursday morning it was very quiet. I need to go back when the weather is cooler and the sky is clearer for better pictures but here are few. Enjoy!





My favorite sculpture
Pagodas from the 11th century

Bosingak Bell from 1468


No comments:

Post a Comment