Saturday, February 23, 2013

Riding the Train

Well I am back again. I know it has been awhile and I have no real excuse except that it is cold and snowy and I just don't want to go outside. Pretty sure no one wants to read my blog about going to the gym. 

Anyway, one question I do get asked is riding the train. Seoul has a great subway system that goes pretty much anywhere within Seoul and connects to the other big cities in South Korea. It is cheap, 1100 Won one way or roughly $1 will get you almost anywhere in Seoul. Parking is difficult in the city and it is so much easier to just ride the train to your destination.  In answer to other questions, yes the train can be crowded, it is both above and below ground, all the signs and announcements are in Korean, Chinese and English and it is safe. It is, in my opinion, the only way to travel in Seoul.

Waiting...
Looking thru to other direction - Blue #4 line

Handy app to help with stops & transfers

Everyone is on their phones!



No comments:

Post a Comment