Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Milk Soda & Strawberries

This post will probably open the door to many different opinions but I feel fairly qualified to make this statement: Korean strawberries are the sweetest strawberries available! 

I have had fresh strawberries from North Carolina, Florida, California and Korea. California strawberries are huge, NC berries are small and sweet but the strawberries that I have had here in Seoul in the last two weeks are the sweetest. They have a beautiful red color and need no sugar at all. They are expensive but since it is 20 outside and every "fresh" produce that I've eaten in the last 2 months has been imported, these sweet, locally grown, $5/quart strawberries are worth every last penny!  


I have also tried a uniquely Korean soda, Ambasa. It is a milk based carbonated soda. Sounds a little weird and I'll admit we tried it before we knew what it was but we like it and have even bought it a couple of times since just for something different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment