Saturday, September 8, 2012

It's Official

So I am officially allowed to stay in the Republic of Korea for 2 years.  Yesterday I went to the Sejongno Immigration Office and got my visa.  I will admit that it is a little strange to know that I can live in another country for 2 years.  The experience was uneventful, exactly like going to the DMV; get a number, wait for an hour for your number to be called, hand your paperwork to a tired, overworked person who checks off the the paper, stamps your passport and sends you away after 3 minutes.  Good to know that some things stay the same across country borders.  

In other random observations, I walked by a park while out that rehabilitated birds injured in the city.  One cage had 5 black vultures, 3' tall.  They are huge birds.  I also saw hawks, owls, doves and magpies.  It was interesting, the cages were in a playground off to the side and you could walk right up the cages and stick your fingers in if you wanted to.  I am sure the posted signs said "do not stick fingers in cages!" but since they were in Korean I will only have to speculate.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment