Friday, September 21, 2012

Flower Market


A lot of people

Anyone who knows me will know my excitement at going to the flower market in the Express Bus Station. I know, "why is a flower market in a bus station?" I don't have the answer to that but I do know that most of the florist in the city get their flowers here everyday. It opens at 4 am, we were not there at 4 am, and closes at 1:00 pm. We arrived at 9 and it was still pretty crowded but I'm pretty sure it is packed at 5 am. Anyway, there are rows and rows and boxes on boxes of flowers from everywhere. 




In addition to the fresh flowers there is an even larger section for silk flowers, baskets, wedding decorations and anything you could want to use to decorate your home. If you are the crafty type, this is Michael's on steroids!


Row after row, overwhelming
Plastic fruit or veggie anyone!


I can however sort-of arrange flowers so I bought several things, all for the great price of 7000 won ($6.80). In the end I had too many daisies and only one large vase so I gave some to a neighbor. The next time I will spend my time looking at the decoration side. You really can not process all the fresh flowers then attempt to process the decoration side, it is sensory overload.

Flowers

1 comment:

  1. What fun! Tons of things to see and I'm thinkin' hours of enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete