Monday, October 29, 2012

The Squatter

Please excuse the bluntness of this post but I wanted to share a big cultural difference between Americans and Koreans; the squatter.




Most every restroom I have been in has western style commodes. The first time I saw a squatter was in an outdoor stall while hiking, that made sense. The picture above was taken at the church where I attend bible study. This building was built in the 80's so imagine my surprise to open the door and find this. I have since learned when talking with friends that this style is common in Seoul, they are found at the subway stations and at the rest areas along the highways. They do flush and there is toilet paper but be sure you have done your squats in the gym to build up your leg muscles!  

No comments:

Post a Comment